FC Dulles Code of Conduct for Coaches:
Objectives: Coaches shall perform coaching services in accordance with applicable customary industry standards and best practices to achieve the following objectives in order of priority:
A. Players' safety and health;
B. Building of players’ character through the development of sportsmanship, fair play, respect, and teamwork;
C. Players’ long term development of soccer skills, knowledge, performance, and love of the game.
CONDUCT TOWARDS PLAYERS:
1. Coaches shall be role models and teach the values of sportsmanship, fair play, respect, and teamwork.
2. Coaches shall teach the FCD Curriculum/US Youth Soccer Player Development Model/US Soccer 2015 Player Development initiatives to the best of their ability.
3. Coaches shall not place winning over the safety and welfare of players.
4. Coaches shall instruct players to play within the Laws of the Game and within the spirit of the game at all times.
5. Coaches shall not seek unfair advantage by teaching gamesmanship and unsporting behavior to players.
6. Coaches shall use appropriate language at all times and not demean opponents or referees/officials.
7. Coaches shall not use drugs, alcohol or tobacco products while involved in any youth soccer activities, whether training, attending games, or officiating.
8. Coaches shall not encourage, condone, or tolerate inappropriate behavior from players.
9. Coaches shall not encourage, condone, or permit any player to violate any rules and policies of FC Dulles.
10. Coaches shall encourage players to reach their highest potential.
11. Coaches shall be up-to-date with FCD’s Concussion Management Policy including concussion prevention, management, and return-to-play protocols. Coaches shall direct players to seek proper medical attention for injuries and to follow instructions received from health care professionals regarding treatment and rehabilitation.
CONDUCT TOWARDS OPPONENTS:
1. Coaches shall respect opponents within accordance to the Laws of Game and to the spirit of competition.
2. Coaches shall encourage fair play and not condone or permit any player to engage in conduct with the intent of causing or attempting to cause injury to an opponent.
3. Coaches shall not engage in any physical or verbal confrontation with any opposing player, coach, or supporter. Such behavior will have disciplinary consequences from the respective leagues and from FCD.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE GAME:
1. Coaches are required to know the Laws of the Game and shall coach in a manner that reflects the spirit of the Laws of the Game.
2 Coaches shall provide instruction to players on the meaning and application of the Laws of the Game.
3. Coaches shall accept the responsibilities of team leadership and shall be accountable- both by the respective leagues they play in and by FCD- for the conduct of the players, team officials, and spectators affiliated with their teams.
CONDUCT TOWARDS REFEREES/OFFICIALS:
1. Coaches shall extend respect and courtesy to match and competition referees/officials.
2. Coaches shall not incite players, team officials, or spectators into conduct towards referees/officials that is contrary to the Laws of the Game and contrary to respective league policies. Such behavior will have severe disciplinary consequences from respective leagues and FCD.
3. Coaches shall not make demeaning or derogatory comments or gestures directed towards any referee/official either directly or after the fact to players or parents.
4. Coaches shall use their influence and authority to deter inappropriate conduct by parents, spectators, and players towards referee/officials and opponents.
1. Coaches shall comply with league and FCD rules and policies pertaining to registration and player recruitment.
2. Coaches shall not engage in any recruiting activity intended to move FCD Member Players to another club or another team within FCD without express written permission of the FCD Club Technical Director or FCD Club President.
3. Coaches shall not solicit or encourage the transfer of a FCD Team to another club without express written permission of the FCD Club Technical Director or FCD Club President.
4. Coaches shall not knowingly, recklessly, or negligently misrepresent or defame programs in FCD Soccer with the intent to recruit FCD Players to another club or another team within FCD Soccer.
5. Coaches shall cease and desist from any and all recruiting activity directed toward a player upon request from the player or the player’s legal guardian.
6. Coaches shall not allow any surrogate to engage in recruiting activities prohibited by the Code of Coaching Ethics (including parents, players, friends, etc...).
Violations of the FC Dulles Coach's Code of Conduct will be referred to the FC Dulles Club Technical Director and FC Dulles Board of Directors.